fishgirl182

Winger
Andrew Smith
Gameboard of the Gods
Richelle Mead
Burning Up (Berkley Sensation)
'Meljean Brook', 'Virginia Kantra', 'Angela Knight', Nalini Singh
Love and Other Perishable Items
Laura Buzo
The Orphan Master's Son
The Angel (The Original Sinners) - Tiffany Reisz Wow. Tiffany Reisz continues to impress me with her ability to write original and emotional character driven stories. She continues to push the envelope while still remaining accessible to all readers (as long as you’re not afraid to try something new). When I read a Tiffany Reisz novel, I go through the gamut of emotions – joy, lust, rage, sadness, frustration, fear – and that’s just in the first few pages. The Angel takes us deeper into Nora’s world and explores old relationships as well as new ones. It picks up about a year after the events of The Siren, and Nora finds that she must leave town when a journalist comes poking around Søren’s congregation. Nora holes up at the estate of Griffin Fiske, a friend and fellow Dom. She takes with her Michael Dimir, the damaged young man that we met in The Angel. Michael is Nora’s protégé for the summer and Nora plans to teach him everything she knows. Before reading The Angel, I was on the fence about Søren. I wasn’t his biggest fan after the last book but the Angel sheds a lot of light on his past and now I can see why Nora fell in love with him. He is an extremely compelling character with a very dark past. There’s so much that makes up Søren and I think we’ve only scratched the surface. The other half of the book focuses on Michael, aka The Angel. Michael is struggling to figure out who he is and to accept himself. I loved that Nora and Griffin encouraged him to be himself. Under their tutelage, he sheds his painfully shy exterior and lets out the confident, funny, and thoughtful young man inside. Ultimately I think Michael’s story is one of healing and acceptance. One summer with Nora isn’t going to cure all his problems, but he is getting there. I have to say that I fell in love with both Michael and Griffin. They were the cutest couple and it was fun watching them both try not to fall in love and failing miserably. I know that the age difference (Michael is 17) might bother some people, but I did not feel that at all. Age is never an issue as they are well matched in personality and maturity. With each book, I fall deeper into the rabbit hole that Tiffany Reisz has created. Well written, sensual, emotional, and unapologetic, The Original Sinners series is one that you won’t soon forget. I cannot wait to read The Prince, which will give us more insight into Søren and Kingsley’s relationship. I have a feeling it’s going to be the best one yet!*I received this book free of charge from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This, in no way, affected my opinion or review of this book.