fishgirl182

Winger
Andrew Smith
Gameboard of the Gods
Richelle Mead
Burning Up (Berkley Sensation)
'Meljean Brook', 'Virginia Kantra', 'Angela Knight', Nalini Singh
Love and Other Perishable Items
Laura Buzo
The Orphan Master's Son
One Perfect Day - Steve Purcell, Matt Nolte Merida is a princess. That means that she must act like a princess. She's not supposed to laugh too loud, roughhouse, or get messy. But, once in awhile, Merida gets a whole day to do whatever she wants. On these days, Merida takes off on her horse for an adventure in the Scottish wilds!This is a very short, cute read. There isn't much of a story. It pretty much just follows Merida around during her day of adventure. I think it would be entertaining for very young children, especially if they've already seen the movie. I love the illustrations in this. It looks like watercolors and I just love the movement and looseness that the medium affords. Merida's hair is awesome, and is just and wild and cool as it is in the movie. While this was a cute book, it isn't one that I personally feel like I need to own. However, if your kids loved the movie, they might like this as well. It does have a subtle message at the end, about being yourself and being unique. I feel like that message is more of an afterthought than the main theme of the story though. I think the book is more about being curious and not being afraid to explore the world around you, which is also a good message. I'd recommend checking it out from the library first to see if this is something you want to own.