fishgirl182

Winger
Andrew Smith
Gameboard of the Gods
Richelle Mead
Burning Up (Berkley Sensation)
'Meljean Brook', 'Virginia Kantra', 'Angela Knight', Nalini Singh
Love and Other Perishable Items
Laura Buzo
The Orphan Master's Son
First Grave on the Right - Darynda Jones I don’t think I have ever laughed so much reading a book in my life! I want Charley Davidson to be my best friend. She’s the type of person who would make any occasion more fun, be it a barroom brawl, a slumber party, or a funeral. How can you not love a woman who names her breasts “Danger” and “Will Robinson?” She takes snark and sarcasm to a whole new level. But she isn’t all quick quips and jokes. She’s also incredibly brave, smart and compassionate. She helps people, even in the face of extreme skepticism and hostility. The murder plot drew me in and kept me guessing. The bickering ghost lawyers were pretty funny in their attempts to help Charley solve their murders. I admit I was a bit creeped out by Charley’s “roommate” so it’s a good thing he lives in Charley’s apartment and not mine. Cookie is a fantastic character. A little crazy but also totally sweet. I wasn’t a huge fan of Garett. He was openly hostile to Charley and then changed his mind a few times. He just came off as somewhat obnoxious. And then there’s Reyes. Dark, intense, and super hot, he is another mystery that Charley needs to solve. What she finds out isn’t what I was expecting and I can’t wait to see how it all plays out. One of the reasons I enjoyed this book so much was the humor in it. The snark and sarcasm was right up my alley and I loved Charley’s great one-liners and dialogue. There were a few times when the jokes felt a little forced but, overall, I enjoyed the humor a lot. With a unique twist on the Grim Reaper story and a heroine you can’t help but love, First Grave on the Right is a must read for fans of urban fantasy and smart writing.