fishgirl182

Winger
Andrew Smith
Gameboard of the Gods
Richelle Mead
Burning Up (Berkley Sensation)
'Meljean Brook', 'Virginia Kantra', 'Angela Knight', Nalini Singh
Love and Other Perishable Items
Laura Buzo
The Orphan Master's Son
Simply Irresistible - Jill Shalvis Simply Irresistible is the first book in the Lucky Harbor series by Jill Shalvis. A sweet, sigh worthy romance, Simply Irresistible will have you wanting to move to a small harbor town to find your very own Jax Cullen. The book begins when three very different and somewhat estranged sisters meet in Lucky Harbor after their free spirited mother’s death. A hippie who had three children with different men, Phoebe Treager wasn’t the most present of mothers. Maddie is The Mouse, the soft spoken middle daughter who plays peacekeeper between her sisters. Maddie’s recently fired, homeless, and is trying to get over an abusive relationship. To her, Lucky Harbor promises to be a new start, a place to find herself. She finds more than she bargains for when she meets the super sexy Jax Cullen at the local bar. Simply Irresistible is a romance that will have you feeling happy, giddy, and breathless all in one go. I may have had a stupid smile on my face after finishing (I was alone so I have no proof). While I enjoyed the entire cast of quirky characters, I was especially drawn to the main couple of Maddie and Jax. Maddie is refreshingly realistic and relateable. She’s not perfect by a long shot and her trust issues frustrated me at times, but she wasn’t going to let her past drag her down. I admired her tenacity in trying to keep her family together and she was always striving to be a better person. Flawed but also sweet, stubborn, and loving, Maddie is a character I was rooting for right from the start. And Jax. Oh Jax. Who can blame Maddie for falling for him? Sexy and confident, Jax knows what he wants and goes after it. Thoughtful and sweet, he helps Maddie believe in herself and allows himself to be healed by her as well. And I agree with Maddie when she declares that tool belts are sexy. If only more men knew how to use them. Sigh.I am definitely a fan of this series and Ms. Shalvis and can’t wait to pick up the next book and find out what happens to Maddie’s sisters. If you like fun, feel good romances, don’t hesitate to pick up the Lucky Harbor series.**I received this book free of charge from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This, in no way, affected my opinion or review of this book.