fishgirl182

Winger
Andrew Smith
Gameboard of the Gods
Richelle Mead
Burning Up (Berkley Sensation)
'Meljean Brook', 'Virginia Kantra', 'Angela Knight', Nalini Singh
Love and Other Perishable Items
Laura Buzo
The Orphan Master's Son
Sweet Venom - Tera Lynn Childs I wasn’t really sure what to expect when I picked up Sweet Venom. It had a great cover and I couldn’t resist picking it up. I’ve always been a fan of Greek mythology though my memory for the myths and the many gods is rusty at best. But the idea of monster fighting triplets descended from Medusa sounded too fun to pass up. And fun it was! With a good mix of Greek mythology, action, romance, and humor, Sweet Venom is an entertaining and fast read. The book is told from the three POVs of Grace, Gretchen, and Greer. I am often wary of books told in multiple POVs. In this case, I think it worked because each character is so different and each of them has such a different on what’s happening. The voices are also very distinct and I had no trouble telling them apart.The three sisters themselves could not be more different. Gretchen, the trained huntress, is tough and world weary. Grace, the innocent, is optimistic and loving. Greer, the refined and cultured sister, wants nothing to do with the other two. As someone who has a fraternal twin whose relation to myself I seriously questioned when I was younger, I can really relate to what the sisters are feeling. But you don’t have to be a triplet or twin understand the love/hate relationship that siblings often have. I did feel that the personalities of the girls was a little cliche at times, each of them falling really neatly into their roles. But there were little surprises here and there and I think there is a lot of potential for them to grow as into unique characters. I liked that there was some romance but that it wasn’t the main focus of the story. Grace and Milo are just adorable together though Nick is my favorite just because he drives Gretchen crazy and won’t give up. I also love Thane, Grace’s quiet and mysterious older brother. I have a feeling that he’s going to play a much larger role in the next book and I am looking forward to learning more about him. Of course, there’s a lot of Greek mythology in the book but it’s easy to digest and Childs puts her own spin on it. This was a really fun, fast read and I am really looking forward to the next book. Unfortunately I don’t think it’s coming out until September so I guess I’ll have to wait until then. :(