fishgirl182

Winger
Andrew Smith
Gameboard of the Gods
Richelle Mead
Burning Up (Berkley Sensation)
'Meljean Brook', 'Virginia Kantra', 'Angela Knight', Nalini Singh
Love and Other Perishable Items
Laura Buzo
The Orphan Master's Son
Classic Elite Quick Knits: 100 Fabulous Patterns for Wraps, Socks, Hats, and More - Classic Elite 3.5 starsClassic Elite Quick knits, the newest book from Classic Elite Studios, is a collection of 100 knitting and crochet patterns focusing on accessories. If you’re familiar with Classic Elite, you will recognize many of these patterns from previous pattern books. The patterns are laid out in anl attractive and straightforward fashion that we’ve come to expect of cassic Elite pattern booklets. This book is definitely for a more intermediate or advanced knitter. There is plenty of colorwork, cables and lace to keep a knitter challenged as well as simpler patterns. This is a pattern book, not a knitting instruction book. There is no how-to section, only a brief introduction and a rundown of knitting abbreviations. The book is broken up into 4 chapters: hats, mittens and gloves; socks; scarves, cowls, wraps, shrugs and capelets; and blankets, bags and toys. There is a nice mix of patterns in each section. Patterns skew heavily to hats/mittens and scarves/shrugs chapters. The other two chapters only have 18 patterns between them. I love the idea of capelets but really, how many people can pull them off? I would have traded a few of them for more sock or blanket patterns. The patterns seem pretty current, most of them from the last few years. Instructions are clear with both charts and written instructions. Yarns suggested are, as expected, by Classic Elite, but they can easily be substituted. Overall this is a nice collection, especially if you like to make hats, mittens, and scarves. I can see myself turning to this book when I need to make a quick gift or want to start a quick new project. These patterns are from previous Classic Elite publications so if you already have a lot of the booklets you may want to pass on this. If, however, you’ve put off buying the booklets or you want the convenience of having these patterns in one place, this book will be a nice addition to your knitting library. *An e-ARC of this book was provided free of charge by NetGalley.com. This, in no way, affected my opinion or review of this book.