fishgirl182

Winger
Andrew Smith
Gameboard of the Gods
Richelle Mead
Burning Up (Berkley Sensation)
'Meljean Brook', 'Virginia Kantra', 'Angela Knight', Nalini Singh
Love and Other Perishable Items
Laura Buzo
The Orphan Master's Son
How to Ravish a Rake - Vicky Dreiling How To Ravish A Rake is the third book in Dreiling’s How To series. I haven’t read the other books in the series so I didn’t have any expectations going into this. While I enjoyed Dreiling’s writing, I didn’t like this book as much as I was hoping. The pacing for the first half of the book felt really slow. I almost gave up at one point but kept going and the story finally picked up. I also got a bit tired of Amy’s inner monologue. She kept worrying about the same things over and over again. Will played the part of a rake well. He was charming and flirtatious and I could see why Amy would be attracted to him. I liked that Amy saw through his schemes and didn’t fall all over him like most women did. The banter between the two was good though I would have like more of it. I did enjoy watching Amy and Will get to know each other during their wedding wager. And there was definitely some chemistry between the two. So while I didn’t love this book, Dreiling is doing something right because I was totally invested in the relationship by the end of the book. I did feel that the story ended rather abruptly though. I really wish there had been an epilogue. This book shows promise and, given the chance, I would read another book in the series. Aunt Hester is particularly hilarious and I would love to see more of her. *An e-ARC of this book was provided free of charge by NetGalley.com. This, in no way, affected my opinion or review of this book.