fishgirl182

Winger
Andrew Smith
Gameboard of the Gods
Richelle Mead
Burning Up (Berkley Sensation)
'Meljean Brook', 'Virginia Kantra', 'Angela Knight', Nalini Singh
Love and Other Perishable Items
Laura Buzo
The Orphan Master's Son
Obsidian - Jennifer L. Armentrout I have a confession to make. I like mean boys. Not the kinds of boys who are cruel or kick puppies but boys who know how to drive a girl a little crazy. They’re good looking and they know it. Boys who love to tease and torment the heroine. The kinds of boys who you don’t know if you want to kick or kiss them. Yes, they might be considered jerks (and I really don’t recommend going out with jerks in real life) but often underneath their not-so-nice attitude is someone with redeeming qualities.Now that I have that off my chest you’ll be able to see why I love Daemon from Obsidian. He’s the perfect bad boy--gorgeous, smart and arrogant; he knows just how to push a girl’s buttons. In this case, the girl is Katy, the new girl in town who is told to “make friends” by her mother. One encounter with Daemon has Katy looking for the next bus out of town. Unfortunately for her, moving to another state’s not an option.But Katie’s no pushover and she gives just as good as she gets. Sure, she doesn’t win every argument with Daemon but she definitely has a mind of her own and isn’t afraid to call Daemon on his crap. I wanted to applaud during that scene in the cafeteria. Daemon, when he's not being a total ass, is funny and flirty and it's clear that he cares about his family a lot. And unlike a lot of girls in books with similar stories, Katy isn’t a victim. Yes, Daemon does save her a couple of times but Katy also does some rescuing of her own.I loved the snarky banter between Katy and Daemon and the tension in their love/hate relationship. I also liked that this book is about aliens, with no vampires or werewolves in sight. Though not the most original story ever (new girl in town, broody boy) I still enjoyed every second of it. It all comes down to Daemon and Katy. They’re fantastic together and I want more - right now!If you want a fun, fast read with a steamy romance and great dialogue, Obisidian is the book for you. I really cannot wait for the second book in the series, Onyx, to come out later this year. *An e-ARC of this book was provided free of charge by NetGalley.com. This, in no way, affected my opinion or review of this book.