fishgirl182

Winger
Andrew Smith
Gameboard of the Gods
Richelle Mead
Burning Up (Berkley Sensation)
'Meljean Brook', 'Virginia Kantra', 'Angela Knight', Nalini Singh
Love and Other Perishable Items
Laura Buzo
The Orphan Master's Son
Immortal Rider - Larissa Ione This was a hard review to write. I was so excited to get my hot little hands on this. I’ve been waiting for Arik’s story for awhile. He first showed up in Passion Unleashed as Runa’s overprotective and sometimes jerk brother. There was always something about Arik that intrigued me, even though he wasn’t always the most appealing character. I just knew there was more to him than what we were seeing. Unfortunately this book fell somewhat short of my expectations. The book starts off strong with Arik making a move on Limos and getting pulled into Hell. While there, he is tortured beyond sanity but manages to hold it together and doesn’t betray Limos. I was touched by his show of loyalty in the face of incredible pain for a woman who barely knew. But that’s the type of guy Arik is - extremely loyal and stubborn, often thinking of others before himself. Limos, meanwhile is looking for him. As she does, we learn a lot more about her past and why she is the way she is. As the bride of Satan, she hasn’t had a lot of time for fun in her life and therefore, tries to live life to the fullest. She’s fiercely protective of her family and takes that protectiveness too far sometimes. She’s also a pretty bad ass fighter, which I love. While it doesn’t seem like the serious, solid Arik and the fun loving, party throwing Limos would make a good match, but they are. They both come from troubled backgrounds and have a lot of guilt that they’re trying to get over. Unfortunately, I felt that it lost steam somewhere in the middle and Limos and Arik’s story became overshadowed by all of the subplots going on - from the Reaver/Harvester story to the Than/Regan storyline (which we’ll get into more in a bit) . Arik and Limos also spend quite a lot of time apart in this book. I don’t blame Arik too much as he was being tortured in hell, but because of the physical distance, I felt that Arik and Limos didn’t get enough time together to develop their relationship. I mean, they don’t even get a real love scene until the very end of the book and the scene that is supposed to be their official “first time” is somewhat heart breaking. Plus, where the heck is Satan? I thought for sure he’d show up at some point to claim Limos or at least try to kill someone, but it never happens.There’s a lot of emphasis put on the Than/Regan relationship in this one as a setup to the next book. I have mixed feelings about this storyline. On the one hand, I feel that Regan and Than have great chemistry and the sort of love/hate relationship that I love. On the other hand, I find the reason that Regan was sent there to be somewhat distasteful and it’s hard to see how their relationship will work.I did enjoy all of the cameos by the Sem brothers and the Demonica crew. Cara’s hellhound Hal even makes an appearance. Even though this wasn’t my favorite book, I still enjoyed it. I am definitely invested in the world and characters that Larissa Ione has created and am anxiously awaiting the next installment. *An e-ARC of this book was provided free of charge by NetGalley.com. This, in no way, affected my opinion or review of this book.