fishgirl182

Winger
Andrew Smith
Gameboard of the Gods
Richelle Mead
Burning Up (Berkley Sensation)
'Meljean Brook', 'Virginia Kantra', 'Angela Knight', Nalini Singh
Love and Other Perishable Items
Laura Buzo
The Orphan Master's Son
Melt - Natalie Anderson Melt, by Natalie Anderson, is a short and fun read about to solitary people who find more than they were looking for in the stark but magical setting of Antarctica.Emma Reed is embarking on the trip of a lifetime. The winner of an art competition, she is chosen to paint a mural in a facility in Antarctica. Determined to prove herself as an artist, she has no time for romance or the distraction that is Hunter Wilson. Hunter has come to Antarctica to escape his family for the holidays and isn’t looking for any entanglements. However, that doesn’t stop him from flirting outrageously with Emma. While Hunter and Emma start of their relationship with lots of flirting and innuendo, they don’t just jump into bed together. Hunter takes Emma under his wing as the veteran Antarctica visitor and they become very good friends. Though Hunter still manges to flirt at every opportunity, it’s clear that it’s not just about sex, and they are both surprised by the connection that develops as they get to know each other. Neither of them wants their time together to end. When a sudden snow storm extends Emma’s stay for a couple of days, they both finally give into their attraction and boy, is it worth the wait.A sweet story with sizzling chemistry, Melt pulled me in with great characters, a compelling story and an incredible setting. I loved the little details about life in Antarctica. A truly unique and fascinating setting, it was the perfect backdrop to the story. Anderson packs a lot of punch into a very short story. Filled with witty dialogue and funny, likable characters, Melt was the perfect quick read. This is my first Natalie Anderson but not my last. Hers is definitely a name I will keep an eye out for in the future.*An e-ARC of this book was provided by NetGalley. This, in no way, affected my opinion or review of this book.