fishgirl182

Winger
Andrew Smith
Gameboard of the Gods
Richelle Mead
Burning Up (Berkley Sensation)
'Meljean Brook', 'Virginia Kantra', 'Angela Knight', Nalini Singh
Love and Other Perishable Items
Laura Buzo
The Orphan Master's Son
Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake - Sarah MacLean I started this book last night and stayed up until 4am trying to finish it. In the end I had to give up about 60 pages from the end because I had to function the next day. However, the book was just so good, that I considered eschewing sleep one night just to find out how Callie and Ralston’s story ended. This is only my second Sarah Maclean book but she is fast becoming one of my favorite historical romance writers. Callie, twenty-eight, has resigned herself to a life of spinsterhood when she comes up with the idea to write a list of improper things that she’s always wanted to do. The list includes tasks such as “smoke cheroot and drink scotch,” “attend a duel,” and “kiss someone-passionately.” Nine Rules To Break When Romancing a Rake has such a great, original premise. Armed with a list of activities that no proper young lady should even think about much less try to accomplish, Callie sets out to find adventure. With little prospect for marriage, Callie decides to have some fun, even if it means tarnishing her spotless reputation. Callie was a character that I could really relate to. Plainer than most (though prettier than I think she believes), Callie is sweet and endearing and also has a lot of spirit in her. She’s never felt herself really worthy of admiration or love and it’s painful at times to watch her cut herself down. I did get frustrated a few times when Callie jumped to conclusions, immediately thinking the worst of Ralston. But her self confidence and self esteem grow and she really comes into her own by the end of the book. Lord Ralston is the kind of rake I love - arrogant, smart, charming and irresistible. On the surface Ralston is a shameless rogue but, as the story goes on, he proves to loyal and kind as well. Ralston and Callie have crazy chemistry and the love scenes definitely raised the temperature in the room. The book also has a great cast of secondary characters and I found myself wanting to know more about Ralston’s sister Juliana and his twin brother, Nick. Yes, more of both, please. am really looking forward to reading both of their stories soon.Do yourself a favor and pick this book up ASAP! Be a little smarter than me and don’t start it late at night though because this is a book you’ll want to finish in one sitting.