fishgirl182

Winger
Andrew Smith
Gameboard of the Gods
Richelle Mead
Burning Up (Berkley Sensation)
'Meljean Brook', 'Virginia Kantra', 'Angela Knight', Nalini Singh
Love and Other Perishable Items
Laura Buzo
The Orphan Master's Son
Chick 'n' Pug - Jennifer Gordon Sattler Those of you who know me in real life will not be surprised that I picked up this book. For those who don’t know me, let me confess that I have a slight obsession with pugs. I don’t know what it is about them that I love so much. They’re kind of weird looking and they make strange sounds but their little faces are just too adorable and I can’t help but squee every time I see one. When I saw the cover to Chick ‘n’ Pug at my local library, I just knew it had to come home with me. Chick ‘n’ Pug is the story of Chick, a young chicken who longs for adventure. Life in the coop isn’t very exciting but he entertains himself by reading his favorite book, The Adventures of Wonder Pug. One day Chick escapes from the coop looking for his own adventures and runs into his very own Wonder Pug! Chick tries to engage Wonder Pug in his quest for adventure. However, this Wonder Pug has his own ideas about how he wants to spend his afternoon and he sleeps through most of Chick’s attempts at adventure. Chick finally declares himself Wonder Pug’s sidekick to create some adventure of his own.This is a really fun story that the whole family will enjoy. Funny and cute, it would be great for really young children (or pug-obsessed adults like me). Chick ‘n’ Pug is also filled with adorable illustrations. The facial expressions were great I had a really good time reading this. This book would probably be fun to read out loud with a child. All in all a very fun read.