fishgirl182

Winger
Andrew Smith
Gameboard of the Gods
Richelle Mead
Burning Up (Berkley Sensation)
'Meljean Brook', 'Virginia Kantra', 'Angela Knight', Nalini Singh
Love and Other Perishable Items
Laura Buzo
The Orphan Master's Son
Will Grayson, Will Grayson - John Green and David Levithan Will Grayson, Will Grayson is the epic tale of two very different young men named Will Grayson, the ironically named and infinitely fabulous Tiny Cooper, one very gay high school musical, and what happens when they all collide. At times funny and poignant and always honest, this book made me want to laugh, cry, and break out in song. Will Grayson, Will Grayson is told from the point of view of, you guessed it, Will Grayson(s). OWG (Original Will Grayson) lives in Evanston where he goes through life trying his best to 1) Shut Up and B) Not Care. Will’s afraid of what might happen to him if he starts caring about things and has decided not to risk it and hides behind a wall of apathy. I admit that I was somewhat frustrated by Will at first. He never wanted to seize the moment or say what was on his mind and he ends up missing out on life. As the story goes on, though, he starts to get some backbone and I really started to like Will. He has a deep seated loyalty to Tiny and cares much more about things than he first lets on. The Other Will Grayson is an angry and depressed teen who is struggling to come to terms with himself. This Will Grayson goes through the most growth in the book and, through the miracle that is Tiny Cooper, learns to open himself up to the possibility of love, or at least, really, really like. And what review of of Will Grayson, Will Grayson would be complete without mentioning Tiny Cooper? Tiny is a big, fabulous force of nature. Like a tornado or a tsunami, he just can’t be stopped. Outrageous and often completely self-absorbed, Tiny is infuriating but also extremely kind, generous and lovable. He manages to see the best in people and finds joy in everyday life. Obviously I didn’t read the print version of this book but I think I can confidently recommend the audiobook over print. MacLeod Andrews and Nick Podehl are both fantastic readers. They truly brought all of the characters to life and gave a distinct voice to each one (not literally though they did do some actual “voices” for the characters). There's singing of the music theater variety in this book. A lot of it. Normally I would find this cheesy but it's totally appropriate and awesome in this case. I can't imagine that reading the lyrics to the Tiny Dancer musical can compare to hearing the songs sung out loud at full volume. Andrews and Podehl put their hearts into it and belt out those songs. This is one of those audiobooks that actually made me want to sit in my car in park or drive around the block one more time so I could keep listening.A story about friendship, love and taking chances, Will Grayson, Will Grayson is a must read.