fishgirl182

Winger
Andrew Smith
Gameboard of the Gods
Richelle Mead
Burning Up (Berkley Sensation)
'Meljean Brook', 'Virginia Kantra', 'Angela Knight', Nalini Singh
Love and Other Perishable Items
Laura Buzo
The Orphan Master's Son
Untraceable (Nature of Grace, #1) - S.R. Johannes I admit that I wasn’t sure what I was getting myself into when I started reading what had been dubbed a “wilderness novel.” However, a few pages in I understood what that meant. The woods and land that Grace explores is a big part of this novel, almost becoming a character of its own. All of the sounds, textures and creatures of the woods come alive on the page and I could almost imagine myself there. Grace knows how to survive in these woods and I was very impressed by her knowledge of tracking, fishing, hiking and other survival skills.A fast paced thriller, Untraceable grabbed me from the get go. Grace’s investigation had unexpected twists and turns and kept me guessing. Grace is a pretty kick-ass heroine. I admire her determination in finding out what happened to her father. She’s smart and capable and reminded me a bit of Nancy Drew, if Nancy could scale a steep rock face, ride a motorcycle, face down grown wild bears, and actually made out with Ned Nickerson. Though mature beyond her years, there were times when Grace made very rash and/or just plain dumb decisions. I am not sure if we’re supposed to chalk this up to her young age or what, but I wanted to reach into the book and shake some sense into her a couple of times.But now, we get to the ending of the book. The end of this book just killed me. I think I stared at my Kindle for a moment going, “Noooooo.” I’m not going to give it away but there’s one part about the ending that just didn’t mesh with what I, personally, wanted to happen. Part of me likes the fact that Johannes didn’t dowhat was expected but the other part of me is very frustrated. This is just my opinion though and I am interested to hear what others think of the ending.Untraceable is an exciting new YA suspense thriller that’ll keep you on the edge of your seat. With a great story, well developed characters, a love triangle, and an action packed mystery, it has something for everyone. I can’t wait to see what the sequel, Unstoppable, brings.*I received this book free of charge from the author in exchange for an honest review. This, in no way, affected my opinion or review of this book.