fishgirl182

Winger
Andrew Smith
Gameboard of the Gods
Richelle Mead
Burning Up (Berkley Sensation)
'Meljean Brook', 'Virginia Kantra', 'Angela Knight', Nalini Singh
Love and Other Perishable Items
Laura Buzo
The Orphan Master's Son
Cosmo's Sexiest Stories Ever: Three Naughty Tales - Jane Green,  Jennifer Weiner,  Meg Cabot Unfortunately these are not the sexiest stories I've ever read. I've read much sexier, steamier stories. However, I don't think this is the fault of the writers more than it's a fault of the format of the stories. They're just too short. In fact, I don't know if I'd call them stories as more than sexy scenes. I don't know the actual page count since it was only available in eBook format but it three short stories. While they each had interesting premises and the writing was well done on all of them, they lacked character and story development.In “Sex Under The Stars,” Maggie is still hurting from the failure of her marriage three years prior when his best friend comes back to town. He’s always been attracted to Maggie but has stayed away because of his relationship with her husband. Now that she’s a free agent, he takes her out on his boat for a night neither of them will forget. While I liked this idea in this one, I found Maggie to be somewhat unlikeable. She feels very sorry for herself over the failure of her marriage but keeps saying that she knew she wasn’t in love with her husband when she married him. Then she gets mad when he leaves her and says that he never deserved her. I found myself thinking that she didn’t deserve a night under the stars with her sexy friend.Of the three stories, “Birthday Sex She’ll Never Forget” was my favorite. The story of the high school nerd coming back as a grown up hottie was fun and sexy. It also felt that Daphne and Caleb at least had a little bit of history and an emotional connection. Their hot love scene still manages to be sweet and touching.“Falling In Lust At The Jersey Shore” feels like the beginning of a really good beach read. Gemma heads to the Jersey Shore imagining it to be littered with tan buffoons and instead, finds an attractive male specimen working in the backyard of her rental house. I found myself wondering what happened after their hot encounter by the pool.I am familiar with all of these authors though I’ve never read anything by Jane Green. Reading these stories wouldn’t make me go out and get a book by any of these authors but neither would I avoid these authors based on these stories. Since this is for Cosmo, I am assuming that these stories appeared in the magazine at some point, which explains why they’re so short. The scenes themselves were quite steamy and I enjoyed them but they left me unfulfilled and a bit frustrated. A quick roll in the hay is fun but I need more than hot sex to keep my interest. The buildup of sexual tension is sometimes the best part of a romance and this has almost none. If you’re looking for a sexy read, I’d skip this brief collection and pick up a full length book by any of these authors or any number of great romance books out there.*An e-ARC of this book was provided free of charge by NetGalley.com. This, in no way, affected my opinion or review of this book.