fishgirl182

Winger
Andrew Smith
Gameboard of the Gods
Richelle Mead
Burning Up (Berkley Sensation)
'Meljean Brook', 'Virginia Kantra', 'Angela Knight', Nalini Singh
Love and Other Perishable Items
Laura Buzo
The Orphan Master's Son
Angels' Blood - Nalini Singh Elena Deveraux is hunter born. Born with the innate ability to scent vampires, she is the Guild’s best vampire hunter. However, her best may not be good enough when she’s hired by Raphael,the archangel of New York, to hunt down a rogue vampire. This isn’t just any vampire, but an archangel in the throes of an insatiable bloodlust. Complicating matters is the intense attraction between Elena and Raphael, who just might kill her once she completes her mission.This is my first Nalini Singh book and color me impressed. I’d heard a lot of good things about her Psy-Changeling series but hadn’t gotten around to reading them. One day I was in a bookstore that was going out of business and this was the only book of hers in stock. I wasted no time in snatching it up. I am so glad I did, too, because I loved, loved Angel’s Blood. Fast paced, original, clever and funny with a super hot romance to spice things up; I never wanted it to end.I pretty much loved all of the characters in this book (except for Her Queen Bitchiness but I think her nickname says it all). Elena is dry, sarcastic and totally hilarious. She’s also a vampire hunter badass. She doesn’t take any crap from Raphael even though it’s dangerous to her health. Raphael is lethal and frightening and also extremely sexy. The antagonism/attraction between Elena and Raphael is electric and when they finally succumb to it, it's pretty awesome.Singh’s created some great secondary characters as well. I definitely want to know more about the playful blue winged angel Illium and the enigmatic Jason. And I can’t tell if I like Dmitri yet but he does intrigue me. Singh also does a fantastic job of describing angel wings. I felt like I could almost reach out and touch them. It’s no wonder that Elena wants wings. I wanted them, too, after reading this book.I am so glad I picked this one up! Definitely one of my new favorites and I am picking up the rest of the books in the series ASAP!